The BP exhibition
19 July – 25 November 2012
Buy your tickets now
Supported by BP
Part of the London 2012 Festival
Recommend this exhibition
Open daily 10.00–17.30
Open late* on Fridays until 20.30. Last entry 70 minutes before closing.
The exhibition is open exclusively for school visits between 10.00 and 12.00 on:
8, 9, 15, 16 November
The exhibition is open exclusively for school visits between
11.00 and 15.00 on:
27, 28 October
Tickets are available for all other times,
subject to availability.
Reading Room, British Museum, Great Russell Street, London, WC1B 3DG
Cafés and restaurant
Enjoy an exhibition-inspired menu at the restaurant or one of the cafés. To book at table at the restaurant: +44 (0)20 7323 8990 BMrestaurant@benugo.com
Special group rates are available for weekday visits. To book group tickets: +44 (0)20 7323 8181 firstname.lastname@example.org
Group lecture packages are available on selected weekdays
Tactile and Braille books, and large print guides are available in the exhibition. Audio description guides are free to visually impaired vistors. For more access information, please contact the Museum's Access and Equality Manager on +44 (0)20 7323 8506.
Before you enter
- Only small bags will be allowed into the exhibition (max size 35x33x13cm)
- Coats, umbrellas, etc. should be left in the cloakrooms (max size 40x40x50cm and max weight 8kg)
- The cloakroom is to the left of the Main entrance. £1.50 per item
- The Museum reserves the right to search any bags or personal items being taken into the exhibition.
While you are in the exhibition
- Do not use photographic or video recording equipment
- Do not carry or consume any food or drink
- Set your mobile phone to silent
*The Museum reserves the right to amend exhibition opening hours.