Now until 2 June 2013
Advance booking essential
Recommend this exhibition
Open daily 10.00–17.30
Open late* on Fridays until 20.30. Last entry 70 minutes before closing.
Until 22.00 on Fridays 17 and 31 May
From 09.00 on Saturdays 18, 25 May and 1 June
From 09.00 on Sundays 19, 26 May and 2 June
Tickets on the day
Each day, 100 tickets for that day will be available to purchase at the Ticket Desk in the Great Court. They are likely to sell out quickly so do come early to avoid disappointment. You may also need to wait between your ticket purchase and your timed exhibition entry. To get free unlimited entry to the exhibition, become a Member
Room 35, British Museum, Great Russell Street, London, WC1B 3DG
Special group rates are available for weekday visits. To book group tickets: +44 (0)20 7323 8181 email@example.com
Tactile and Braille books, and large print guides are available in the exhibition. Audio description guides are free to visually impaired vistors. For more access information, please contact the Museum's Access and Equality Manager on +44 (0)20 7323 8506.
Image: Bison sculpted from mammoth ivory. Found at Zaraysk, Russia, about 20,000 years old. Zaraysk Museum of Art and History. Dr Sergey Lev.
Before you enter
- Only small bags will be allowed into the exhibition (max size 35x33x13cm)
- Coats, umbrellas, etc. should be left in the cloakrooms (max size 40x40x50cm and max weight 8kg)
- The cloakroom is to the left of the Main entrance. £1.50 per item
- The Museum reserves the right to search any bags or personal items being taken into the exhibition.
While you are in the exhibition
- Do not use photographic or video recording equipment
- Do not carry or consume any food or drink
- Set your mobile phone to silent
*The Museum reserves the right to amend exhibition opening hours.