Organised with Museo del Oro
17 October 2013 – 23 March 2014
Recommend this exhibition
Open daily 10.00–17.30
Open late* on Fridays until 20.30.
Closing starts from 17.20 (20.20 on Fridays) Last admission is 16.10 (19.10 on Fridays)
The exhibition is closed on the following days:
24, 25, 26 December 2013
1 January 2014
Room 35, British Museum, Great Russell Street, London, WC1B 3DG
Cafés and restaurant
Enjoy a meal at the restaurant or one of the cafés. To book at table at the restaurant: +44 (0)20 7323 8990 BMrestaurant@benugo.com
Combine your exhibition visit with a 2 or 3-course lunch (or dinner on Fridays) enjoying dishes from the Colombian-inspired menu or a delicious afternoon tea.
Tactile and Braille books, and large print guides are available in the exhibition. Audio description guides are free to visually impaired visitors. For more access information, please contact the Museum's Access and Equality Manager on +44 (0)20 7323 8506.
Tickets on the day
Each day, 100 tickets for that day will be available to purchase at the Ticket Desk in the Great Court. They are likely to sell out quickly so do come early to avoid disappointment. You may also need to wait between your ticket purchase and your timed exhibition entry. To get free unlimited entry to the exhibition, become a Member
Special group rates are available for weekday visits. To book group tickets: +44 (0)20 7323 8181 firstname.lastname@example.org
Free access is available for all school groups. Please book ahead:+ 44 (0)20 7323 8181 email@example.com
Exhibition multimedia guides are available to buy on the day of visit at the exhibition entrance.
Before you enter
- Only small bags will be allowed into the exhibition (max size 35x33x13cm)
- Coats, umbrellas, etc. should be left in the cloakrooms (max size 40x40x50cm and max weight 8kg)
- The cloakroom is to the left of the Main entrance. £1.50 per item
- When maximum cloakroom capacity is reached the Museum cannot accept any more items
- The Museum reserves the right to search any bags or personal items being taken into the exhibition.
While you are in the exhibition
- Do not use photographic or video recording equipment
- Do not carry or consume any food or drink
- Set your mobile phone to silent
*The Museum reserves the right to amend exhibition opening hours.