Tours and talks
Daily eye-opener tours
Please note: there will be no Museum tours on 12 December 2016. There will also be no Museum tours from 21 December 2016 to 3 January 2017. Tours will restart on 4 January 2017.
Please note: due to a long-term gallery closure the China and South Asia eye-opener tours are on hold until 2018
30-40 minute tours
Throughout the day
Meet at the relevant gallery
- 11.00 Japan, Room 92
- 11.15 Roman Britain, Room 49
- 11.30 Ancient Greece, Room 17
- 11.45 Ancient Iraq, Room 56
- 12.00 Africa, Room 24
- 12.30 Enlightenment Gallery, Room 1
- 13.00 Mexico, Room 27
- 14.00 Art of the Middle East, Room 34
- 14.15 World of Money, Room 68
- 14.30 Ancient Egypt, Room 64
- 14.45 Medieval Europe, Room 41
- 15.15 Ancient Rome, Room 70
- 15.45 Assyrian Reliefs, Room 6
45 minute talks with guest speaker or curator
20 minute tours focussing on highlights
Every Friday evening
Around the world in 90 minutes
£12 per person
Please note: there will be no Highlights Tours from 21 December 2016 to 3 January 2017
Encounter the Rosetta Stone, the Lewis Chessmen and the Parthenon Frieze, as well as some lesser-known but equally fascinating objects with trained guides who take you to the heart of the Museum’s collection.
This tour is designed for an adult audience and is not recommended for children under the age of 12. Please note that the tour will visit a number of galleries on different floors of the Museum and involves a considerable amount of walking.
Book online or at the Information Desk in the Great Court.