Tours and talks
Daily eye-opener tours
Please note: due to gallery closures, the China and South Asia eye-opener tours will be on hold from 1 June 2016. They will resume after the gallery reopens in late 2017.
30-40 minute tours
Throughout the day
Meet at the relevant gallery
- 11.00 Japan, Room 92
- 11.15 Roman Britain, Room 49
- 11.30 Ancient Greece, Room 17
- 11.45 Ancient Iraq, Room 56
- 12.00 Africa, Room 24
- 12.15 China, Room 33
- 12.30 Enlightenment Gallery, Room 1
- 12.45 South Asia, Room 33
- 13.00 Mexico, Room 27
- 14.00 Art of the Middle East, Room 34
- 14.15 World of Money, Room 68
- 14.30 Ancient Egypt, Room 64
- 14.45 Medieval Europe, Room 41
- 15.15 Ancient Rome, Room 70
- 15.45 Assyrian Reliefs, Room 6
45 minute talks with guest speaker or curator
20 minute tours focussing on highlights
Every Friday evening
Around the world in 90 minutes
£12 per person
Encounter the Rosetta Stone, the Lewis Chessmen and the Parthenon Frieze, as well as some lesser-known but equally fascinating objects with trained guides who take you to the heart of the Museum’s collection.
This tour is designed for adults, but children under 12 with an accompanying adult enjoy free entry. Please note that the tour will visit a number of galleries on different floors of the Museum and involves a considerable amount of walking.
Book online or at the Information Desk in the Great Court.