Patrons of the British Museum
The Patrons of the British Museum help to support a wide range of activities.
From pioneering conservation and research to curatorial posts and educational programmes, their involvement is integral to the British Museum’s continued development and success.
The Patrons programme offers members the opportunity to deepen their engagement with the Museum through a series of special events and privileges, which include:
- A double invitation to the annual Director’s dinner, one of the most anticipated events in the Patrons’ calendar
- Patrons are invited to join private views of major exhibitions with the curators before the exhibitions open to the public
- Invitations to the annual Patrons’ Open House event, an evening of lively talks in the Museum’s permanent galleries after they close to the public
- Patrons are invited to the Museum’s private early morning viewings of major exhibitions
- Patrons receive free entry with a guest to all paying exhibitions on presentation of their Patron card
- Dedicated direct line to the Patrons' Office
- Discount at the Museum’s shops, cafés and restaurant
- Priority booking for public programme events
- Acknowledgement in the Museum’s Annual Review
Patrons make a suggested annual contribution of £2,000 which includes a subscription of £350 to cover membership benefits and a voluntary donation of £1,650 which is eligible for Gift Aid.
Get in touch
For more information about joining as a Patron, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 7323 8134