A H Baldwin & Sons Ltd (Biographical details)
A H Baldwin & Sons Ltd (dealer/auction house; 1901; founded)
Also known as
A H Baldwin & Sons Ltd; Baldwin's Auctions Ltd; Baldwin's
A H Baldwin & Sons, coin dealers, was founded by Albert Henry Baldwin (1858-1936) and his son Percy in 1901. The first shop was at 4A Duncannon Street, London WC2. In 1920 Baldwin's became a limited company and moved to Robert Street, Adelphi, London. It later moved into the adjacent Adelphi Building. In 1971 it moved to 11 Adelphi Terrace. An independent company, Baldwin's Auctions Ltd, was established in 1994 to conduct auctions in London, Singapore, Hong Kong, New York, Gulf States and USA.