Antinoupolis at the British Museum
- André J. Veldmeijer, Netherlands-Flemish Institute in Cairo
- Rosario Pintaudi, Istituto Papirologico "G. Vitelli" Florence
- Francis Pritchard, The Whitworth Art Gallery, The University of Manchester
- Jennifer Cromwell, Macquarie University
- Egypt Exploration Society, London
- Griffith Institute, University of Oxford
Share this project
About the project
The project will make available Johnson’s unpublished 1913/1914 excavation documentation and catalogue British Museum objects from the excavation through publications and online resources.
Today the British Museum collection is split between the departments of Ancient Egypt and Sudan, Greece and Rome, Middle East, and Coins and Medals, aptly demonstrating the range of Egyptian, Roman, Late Antique and Early Islamic objects representing the ancient city. The Museum’s searchable online database thus provides a virtual environment where the objects can be viewed and studied together.