British Museum Technical
For more information contact email@example.com
To order a hard copy of the Technical Research Bulletin contact Archetype Publications: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Technical Research Bulletin publishes the results of collaborative work by the British Museum's curators, conservators and scientists covering a broad range of objects and materials from across the Museum’s collection.
Published once a year, each issue aims to encompass objects from different continents, historical periods and material types. The Bulletin is designed to appeal both to those with a general interest in the Museum’s collections and those with a specialist interest who wish to broaden their horizons.
Examines some of the different material aspects of objects in the Museum collection.
Detailing the assessment, examination, treatment and analysis of objects from across the Museum’s collections and beyond.
Papers on exploring the evidence for cultural transmission and trade to questions of object attribution and authenticity.
Articles reflecting the chronological depth and geographical breadth of the British Museum collection.
Shell ewer from Gujarat, India
Available now in hard copy and online in Autumn 2015:
- Technical study of a rare Venetian turquoise glass goblet from the Waddesdon Bequest
- Technological insights into madder pigment production in antiquity
- Sacred souvenir: the Holy Sepulchre models in the British Museum
- The study and conservation of the silk painting Death of the Buddha
- Etruscan women’s clothing and its decoration: the polychrome gypsum statue from the ‘Isis tomb’ at Vulci
- An Aleut cape and cap made of sea mammal intestine: from storage to display
- Xenon flash for reflectance and luminescence (multispectral) imaging in cultural heritage applications
- Polychromy in Roman Egypt: a study of a limestone sculpture of the Egyptian god Horus
- Microscopical examination of fibres used in Ming dynasty paper money
- Analysis of pigment palettes as evidence for room status in Nero’s Golden House