Incomplete iron spear-head, in two pieces. The blade is leaf-shaped and narrows towards the socket. The socket is detached from the blade, and adheres to the socket of spear-head 1939,1010.104 through corrosion.
- early 7thC
- Excavated/Findspot: Sutton Hoo, Ship-burial Mound: 1
- (Europe,United Kingdom,England,Suffolk,Sutton (parish),Sutton Hoo)
- Length: 22 centimetres (blade)
- Length: 13 centimetres (socket (detached))
- Width: 3.2 centimetres
- Diameter: 1.7 centimetres (socket)
1980 10 Mar-30 Sep, Sweden, Stockholm, Statens Historika Museum, The Vikings are Here
Prehistory and Europe
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Object reference number: MCS7441
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.