Fragmentary iron angon-head, with a lump of corrosion at the tip. Two barbs leave the shank at 6.3cm from the tip, both just over 5.1cm in length.
- early 7thC
- Excavated/Findspot: Sutton Hoo, Ship-burial Mound: 1
- (Europe,United Kingdom,England,Suffolk,Sutton (parish),Sutton Hoo)
- Swanton A2 type
- Length: 77 centimetres (overall)
- Length: 13.2 centimetres (from barbs to point)
- Diameter: 2 centimetres (socket (incomplete))
- Diameter: 1.2 centimetres (stem)
1980 10 Mar-30 Sep, Sweden, Stockholm, Statens Historika Museum, The Vikings are Here
Britain, Europe and Prehistory
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: MCS8316
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.