Iron spear-head in four pieces, heavily oxidised, with a short length of the stem and the beginning of the socket preserved. Pieces of wood and a large quantity of textile remains are corroded onto the blade.
- early 7thC
- Excavated/Findspot: Sutton Hoo, Ship-burial Mound: 1
- (Europe,United Kingdom,England,Suffolk,Sutton (parish),Sutton Hoo)
- Length: 41.8 centimetres (overall)
- Length: 34.7 centimetres (blade)
- Width: 4 centimetres (incl. textile wrappings)
Not on display
1980 10 Mar-30 Sep, Sweden, Stockholm, Statens Historika Museum, The Vikings are Here
Britain, Europe and Prehistory
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: MCS8327
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.