knife-sheath / knife
- Previous 0/8290
Two fragments of iron knife, apparently a pair with knife 1939,1010.162, with blackened remains of a long horn handle and fragmentary remnants of a leather sheath adhering to the blade.
- early 7thC
- Excavated/Findspot: Sutton Hoo, Ship-burial Mound: 1
- (Europe,United Kingdom,England,Suffolk,Sutton (parish),Sutton Hoo)
- Length: 14.5 centimetres (overall)
- Length: 10.2 centimetres (handle)
- Length: 3.5 centimetres (blade, approx)
- Length: 4.9 centimetres (tang)
Britain, Europe and Prehistory
There is no image of this object, or there may be copyright restrictions
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: MCS13550
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.