Silver drop-handle from bowl 1939,1010.77, comprising a curve of metal with a hook at either end. Two flat, circular handle-mounts are looped onto the hooks, by which the handles were attached to the bowl.
- Excavated/Findspot: Sutton Hoo, Ship-burial Mound: 1
- (Europe,United Kingdom,England,Suffolk,Sutton (parish),Sutton Hoo)
- Length: 11.7 centimetres (max)
- Diameter: 4.3 centimetres (mount)
- Weight: 226 grammes (handles a and b together)
On display: G41/dc1/sB
Britain, Europe and Prehistory
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Object reference number: MCS15492
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.