cup / bottle
- Previous 0/8290
Cup or small bottle of walnut burr-wood; only partly surviving. Small and distorted; with an incomplete silver rim with collar, comprising a thick band flanked by horizontal grooves. The rim was attached to the neck of the vessel with three small grooved silver clips.
- early 7thC
- Excavated/Findspot: Sutton Hoo, Ship-burial Mound: 1
- (Europe,United Kingdom,England,Suffolk,Sutton (parish),Sutton Hoo)
- Height: 4 centimetres (estimated original)
- Width: 1 centimetres (mount)
- Diameter: 2.7 centimetres (rim internal)
- Diameter: 3.2 centimetres (rim external)
1980 10 Mar-30 Sep, Sweden, Stockholm, Statens Historika Museum, The Vikings are Here
Britain, Europe and Prehistory
There is no image of this object, or there may be copyright restrictions
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: MCS16113
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.