- Previous 0/8290
Five fragments of copper alloy and iron from helmet 1939,1010.93, one with textile attached; one patterned, one decorated.
- early 7thC
- Excavated/Findspot: Sutton Hoo, Ship-burial Mound: 1
- (Europe,United Kingdom,England,Suffolk,Sutton (parish),Sutton Hoo)
- Length: 3 centimetres (pattern)
- Width: 1.3 centimetres (pattern)
- Length: 2.8 centimetres (decoration)
- Width: 0.5 centimetres (decoration)
Prehistory and Europe
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: MCS16563
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.