handscroll / drawing
Sketch, handscroll. Preparatory drawings. Ink and colours on paper.
- Made in: Japan
- Height: 34 centimetres (first section)
- Width: 102.2 centimetres
- Height: 36.4 centimetres (mount)
- Height: 22 centimetres (section two)
- Width: 21.2 centimetres
- Height: 24 centimetres (section three)
- Width: 39.6 centimetres
- Height: 20.4 centimetres (section four)
- Width: 19.8 centimetres
- Height: 22.1 centimetres (section five)
- Width: 20.5 centimetres
The collection of Japanese and Chinese paintings belonging to Arthur Morrison was purchased by Sir William Gwynne-Evans, who presented it to the British Museum in 1913.
- Jap.Ptg.2388 (Japanese Painting Number)
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: JCF5307
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.