- Previous 0/2893
Sword blade, straight, double-edged, of steel, with a single, wide fuller, tapering to a sharp point. The surface is heavily corroded and patinated and one of the shoulders of the blade is missing. There are traces of an inscription running along the fuller at either side.
- Made in: England (Possibly)
- (Europe,British Isles,England)
- Found/Acquired: Peterborough (near)
- (Europe,British Isles,England,Cambridgeshire,City of Peterborough Unitary Authority,Peterborough)
- Length: 830 millimetres (overall)
- Length: 680 millimetres (blade length)
- Weight: 575 grammes
Object description by T.Richardson, Royal Armouries. November 2008.
Prehistory and Europe
- AL116/194 (Royal Armouries)
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: MCT8256
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.