A length of 2/2 twill woven cotton textile, 'pantelonikki'; machine made. Black and white chequered fabric, 'stavroto'. Selvedges at the shorter sides. The number '5' in lilac pigment in one corner; one corner cut off.
- 1900-1914 (Papademetriou, Eleni 2000: 120)
- Made in: Karavas (Papademetriou, Eleni 2000: 120)
- (Europe,Cyprus,Kyrenia (district),Karavas)
- Made in: Lapithos (Papademetriou, Eleni 2000: 120)
- (Europe,Cyprus,Kyrenia (district),Lapithos)
- Made in: Kyrenia (Papademetriou, Eleni 2000: 120)
- (Europe,Cyprus,Kyrenia (district),Kyrenia)
- Found/Acquired: Cyprus
- Length: 47 centimetres
- Width: 71.5 centimetres
For further information about this collection, see Eu1914,1008.11, and E. Papademetriou, 'Cypriot Ethnography Collections in British Museums, Nicosia 2000, pp.114-123.
'Cotton twill textile, 'pantelonikki': white with green and grey check pattern, 'stavroto'': from: Papademetriou, Eleni (2000), Cypriot Ethnography Collections in British Museums, Nicosia, Ministry of Education and Culture: 120.
Britain, Europe and Prehistory
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Object reference number: EEU153
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.