A length of 2/2 twill woven cotton textile, 'pantelonikki'; machine made. Small, black and white chequered fabric, 'stavroto'. Selvedges at the shorter sides. The number '53' in lilac pigment in one corner and the same number in blue pigment in the middle of the fabric.
- 1900-1914 (Papademetriou, Eleni 2000: 120)
- Made in: Karavas (Papademetriou, Eleni 2000: 120)
- (Europe,Cyprus,Kyrenia (district),Karavas)
- Made in: Lapithos (Papademetriou, Eleni 2000: 120)
- (Europe,Cyprus,Kyrenia (district),Lapithos)
- Made in: Kyrenia (Papademetriou, Eleni 2000: 120)
- (Europe,Cyprus,Kyrenia (district),Kyrenia)
- Found/Acquired: Cyprus
- Length: 47.5 centimetres
- Width: 69 centimetres
'Cotton twill textile, 'pantelonikki': white with green and grey check pattern, 'stavroto'': from: Papademetriou, Eleni (2000), Cypriot Ethnography Collections in British Museums, Nicosia, Ministry of Education and Culture: 120.
Prehistory and Europe
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: EEU187
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.