A length of twill (2/2) woven cotton textile, 'pantelonikki'; machine woven. Blue, green and cream stripes; selvedges at the shorter sides. The number '73' in lilac pigment at one corner.
- 1900-1914 (Papademetriou, Eleni 2000: 119)
- Made in: Lapithos (Papademetriou, Eleni 2000: 119)
- (Europe,Cyprus,Kyrenia (district),Lapithos)
- Made in: Kyrenia (Papademetriou, Eleni 2000: 119)
- (Europe,Cyprus,Kyrenia (district),Kyrenia)
- Found/Acquired: Cyprus
- Length: 44.5 centimetres
- Width: 69 centimetres
See: Papademetriou, Eleni (2000), Cypriot Ethnography Collections in British Museums, Nicosia, Ministry of Education and Culture, 114 - 123.
Prehistory and Europe
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: EEU202
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.