A square piece of twill woven cotton textile, 'pantelonikki', machine made. Small scale brown and white chequered patterning, 'stavroto'. The number '83/6' in lilac pigment in one corner.
- 1900-1914 (Papademetriou, Eleni 2000: 120)
- Made in: Karavas
- (Europe,Cyprus,Kyrenia (district),Karavas)
- Made in: Lapithos (Papademetriou, Eleni 2000: 120)
- (Europe,Cyprus,Kyrenia (district),Lapithos)
- Made in: Kyrenia (Papademetriou, Eleni 2000: 120)
- (Europe,Cyprus,Kyrenia (district),Kyrenia)
- Found/Acquired: Cyprus
- Length: 45 centimetres
- Width: 46 centimetres
Britain, Europe and Prehistory
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Object reference number: EEU214
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.