Silk twill textile, 'pantelonikki'; fine weave with warp and weft of two-ply degummed ceam silk; lozenge pattern, 'ampoustoto'.
- 1900-1914 (Papademetriou, Eleni 2000: 118)
- Found/Acquired: Lapithos (Papademetriou, Eleni 2000: 118)
- (Europe,Cyprus,Kyrenia (district),Lapithos)
- Found/Acquired: Kyrenia (Ethnography; also Papademetriou, Eleni 2000: 118)
- (Europe,Cyprus,Kyrenia (district),Kyrenia)
- Length: 31.5 centimetres
- Width: 35.5 centimetres
See: Papademetriou, Eleni (2000), Cypriot Ethnography Collections in British Museums, Nicosia, Ministry of Education and Culture, 114 - 123.
Prehistory and Europe
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Object reference number: EEU249
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.