- Previous 0/54117
Ear-ring made of gold.
- Excavated/Findspot: Pacasmayo Valley, burial
- (Americas,South America,Peru,Pacasmayo Valley)
- Found/Acquired: La Libertad (Peru) (?)
- (Americas,South America,Peru,La Libertad)
- Found/Acquired: Ancash (?)
- (Americas,South America,Peru,Ancash)
- Found/Acquired: Lambayeque (?)
- (Americas,South America,Peru,North Coast,Lambayeque (department))
- Diameter: 3.2 centimetres
1996, London, Museum of Mankind (Room 1), 'Gilded Image'
7 May 1996
Reason for treatment
Clean. Req 62780
Dirty, tarnished. Some mineral deposits.
Req 62780 May 1996 Cleaned in Detarol (n-hydroxylethyl ethylenediaminetriacetic acid,trisodium salt), 10% in distilled water, washed in running tap water, dried with paper tissues.
Africa, Oceania & the Americas
There is no image of this object, or there may be copyright restrictions
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: ESA8726
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.