Two fragments of a red glazed composition tile, one formed from re-joined pieces.
- Excavated/Findspot: Serabit el-Khadim
- (Africa,Egypt,Sinai,Serabit el-Khadim)
- Length: 8.03 centimetres (larger piece)
- Width: 8.31 centimetres (larger piece)
- Length: 5.84 centimetres (smaller piece)
- Width: 3.25 centimetres (smaller piece)
Inscription CommentAccording to the register, this object bore a cartouche of Hatshepsut; this is no longer visible.
fragmentary and partially repaired
Ancient Egypt & Sudan
There is no image of this object, or there may be copyright restrictions
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Object reference number: YCA52596
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.