Pair of water bottles made of coconut, each with leaf stopper; originally joined by vegetable fibre cord.
- c 1892
- Found/Acquired: Mer
- (Oceania,Australia,Queensland,Torres Strait Islands,Murray Islands,Mer)
- Diameter: 13 centimetres (a)
- Height: 13 centimetres (a)
- Diameter: 14 centimetres (b)
- Height: 14 centimetres (b)
2011 26 May – 11 Sep, London, BM, "Baskets and Belonging: Indigenous Australian Histories"
2015 23 Apr-02 Aug, London, BM, Indigenous Australia REQUESTED
2015-2016 Canberra, National Museum of Australia REQUESTED
Africa, Oceania & the Americas
- Oc1978,Q.338 (one bottle also registered as)
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Object reference number: EOC15458
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.