This bluish-green window pane is made up of several pieces. The edges are fairly smooth, so they perhaps form a complete pane. It is thicker (3mm) than most modern house window panes.
- 1-70 (circa)
- Excavated/Findspot: Herculaneum (vicinity)
- (Europe,Italy,Campania,Naples (province),Herculaneum)
- Height: 54 centimetres (approx)
- Width: 31 centimetres (approx)
- Thickness: 0.4 centimetres (approx)
On display: G70/10
Greek & Roman Antiquities
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Object reference number: GAA1024
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.