Wide hinged silver bracelet made of a sheet of silver that is entirely decorated with intricate chased and punched designs including hearts, floral and vegetal motifs, beaded wire, braided wire and a band of pointed bosses on each end. Closed with a long silver pin. Usually worn in paired sets.
- 1900s-1920s (Omani sultanate period)
- Made in: Zanzibar
- (Africa,Tanzania,Zanzibar (state),Zanzibar (island),Zanzibar (town))
- Found/Acquired: Zanzibar
- (Africa,Tanzania,Zanzibar (state),Zanzibar (island))
- Height: 7.3 centimetres
- Width: 6.2 centimetres (wider end)
- Diameter: 5.5 centimetres (narrower end)
- Weight: 89 grammes
This object is part of a large collection of items donated by Leila Ingrams in 2012 (2012,6030.1ff). Some were collected by her parents, Doreen and Harold Ingrams, between the 1920s-40s and others by Leila herself from the 1980s-2005 on the island of Zanzibar and in Hadramawt, Yemen.
Object reference number: RRM44190