- Previous 0/824
- Umbrella Courtship
A young man kissing a young woman under cover of a large umbrella; with another couple walking with an umbrella behind to left and another woman passing behind a tree to right. 1841
Hand-coloured mezzotint with etching
- Published in: London
- (Europe,British Isles,England,London)
- Height: 240 millimetres
- Width: 160 millimetres
Inscription ContentLettered below the image with the title in open strengthened letters, two verses of four lines each to either side: 'Quick flew the shelter over miss, ... It hasn't left off raining.', and 'Eng.d from the Original by J. Styles // London, Published 1841, by I.W. Laird, No. 1, Leadenhall Street.'
British Masters Portfolio
- With contribution from: British Museum Friends
- With contribution from: National Heritage Memorial Fund
- With contribution from: The Art Fund
- With contribution from: Friends of Prints and Drawings
- With contribution from: Mrs Charles Wrightsman
- With contribution from: Michael Marks Charitable Trust
- Purchased from: Hon Christopher Lennox-Boyd
Acquired with the assistance of the National Heritage Memorial Fund, the Friends of the British Museum, the Art Fund, Mrs Charles Wrightsman, the Michael Marks Charitable Trust, and numerous individual donors.
Prints & Drawings
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: PPA356187
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.