shield / mount
Wood fragment from shield board, to which shield mounts 2001,0103.3.j were originally fitted. Three rivets from the mounts are present within the fragment. Plus two small bags containing fragments of copper alloy pins and washers from the same shield mounts.
- Excavated/Findspot: Sutton Hoo, Visitor Centre, Grave 0868
- (Europe,United Kingdom,England,Suffolk,Sutton (parish),Sutton Hoo)
- Length: 65 millimetres (wood fragment)
Finds were discovered during the archaeological excavations before the Visitor Centre was constructed. The National trust donated all of the finds to the British Museum.
Britain, Europe and Prehistory
- SF2123 (Small find number of object these fragments are associated with)
- SF2124 (Small find number of object these fragments are associated with)
- SF2125 (Small find number of object these fragments are associated with)
- SF2126 (Small find number of object these fragments are associated with)
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: MCS32639
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.