Spear-head, iron with split socket containing mineralised remains of wooden shaft.
- Excavated/Findspot: Sutton Hoo, Visitor Centre, SF2122, Grave 0868
- (Europe,United Kingdom,England,Suffolk,Sutton (parish),Sutton Hoo)
- Length: 280 millimetres (overall)
- Diameter: 23 millimetres (socket base)
- Width: 30 millimetres (max)
Finds were discovered during the archaeological excavations before the Visitor Centre was constructed. The National trust donated all of the finds to the British Museum.
Prehistory and Europe
- SF2122 (Small find number)
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Object reference number: MCS32512
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.