Portrait of Benjamin Hick; three-quarters length seated to left, looking towards the viewer, elbows on the arms of his chair, wearing a dark suit with a watchchain; after Patten; with scratched production details only.
Mixed method mezzotint on chine collé
- 1824-1864 (circa)
- Published in: Manchester
- (Europe,British Isles,England,Greater Manchester,Manchester)
- Height: 460 millimetres
- Width: 375 millimetres
Inscription ContentScratched below the image 'Painted by George Patten, A.R.A. // Engraved by Henry Cousins. // Published by J.C. Grundy, Printseller to her Majesty, 4 Exchange Street, Manchester.'
The sitter has not been identified further.
British XIXc Unmounted Imp
- With contribution from: British Museum Friends
- With contribution from: National Heritage Memorial Fund
- With contribution from: The Art Fund
- With contribution from: Friends of Prints and Drawings
- With contribution from: Mrs Charles Wrightsman
- With contribution from: Michael Marks Charitable Trust
- Purchased from: Hon Christopher Lennox-Boyd
Acquired with the assistance of the National Heritage Memorial Fund, the Friends of the British Museum, the Art Fund, Mrs Charles Wrightsman, the Michael Marks Charitable Trust, and numerous individual donors.
Prints & Drawings
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: PPA326789
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.