Shukkō ji no ikari no sōji (Cleaning the anchor-chain when leaving port)
- Previous 0/664
- Shukkō ji no ikari no sōji (Cleaning the anchor-chain when leaving port)
Propaganda photograph from the Pacific War (1941-45). Vintage gelatin print.
- Printed in: Tokyo-to
- Height: 21.4 centimetres
- Width: 15 centimetres
Inscription Content出港時の錨の掃除 FI-216
Inscription TransliterationShukkō ji no ikari no sōji
Inscription TranslationCleaning the anchor-chain when leaving port
Inscription CommentWritten in pencil. Reference number original to inscription.
Not on display
2012 Oct - 2013 Apr, BM Japanese Galleries, 'Japan from Prehistory to the Present'
- Associated Event: Pacific War (1941-1945)
- Associated Event: Second World War (1939-1945)
- With contribution from: Myōjin Shigeru
- With contribution from: Sherif Nadar
- With contribution from: Myōjin Noriko
- With contribution from: Dounia Nadar
- Purchased from: Maggs Bros
- Previous owner/ex-collection: Nishino Yoshiaki (西野嘉章) (Purchased in a bookshop in the Kanda second-hand book district of Tokyo.)
- Previous owner/ex-collection: Nakano Kikuo (中野菊夫)
Credit Line: Purchase funded by Noriko and Shigeru Myōjin and Dounia and Sherif Nadar
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: JCF22678
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.