Bōkūtai, (rikujō) keibitai (Air defence squad (army), patrol squad)
- Bōkūtai, (rikujō) keibitai (Air defence squad (army), patrol squad)
Propaganda photograph from the Pacific War (1941-45). Vintage gelatin print.
- Printed in: Tokyo-to
- Height: 21.7 centimetres
- Width: 16.2 centimetres
Inscription Content防空隊（陸上）警備隊 FI-208
Inscription TransliterationBōkūtai, (rikujō) keibitai
Inscription TranslationAir defence squad (army), patrol squad
Inscription CommentWritten in pencil. Reference number original to inscription.
Not on display
2012 Jun – Oct, BM Japanese Galleries ‘Japan from Prehistory to Present’
23 May 2012
Reason for treatment
Object mounted into a Royal overthrow of 4ply Heritage 100% Cotton Unbuffered Museum Board and hinged in using Japanese paper adhered with Culminal - non-ionic cellulose ether.
- Associated Event: Pacific War (1941-1945)
- Associated Event: Second World War (1939-1945)
- With contribution from: Myōjin Shigeru
- With contribution from: Sherif Nadar
- With contribution from: Myōjin Noriko
- With contribution from: Dounia Nadar
- Purchased from: Maggs Bros
- Previous owner/ex-collection: Nishino Yoshiaki (西野嘉章) (Purchased in a bookshop in the Kanda second-hand book district of Tokyo.)
Credit Line: Purchase funded by Noriko and Shigeru Myōjin and Dounia and Sherif Nadar
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: JCF22676
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.