Senbaku renkai (Wave after wave of bombing)
- Senbaku renkai (Wave after wave of bombing)
Propaganda photograph from the Pacific War (1941-45). Vintage gelatin print.
- Printed in: Tokyo-to
- Height: 21.7 centimetres
- Width: 15.3 centimetres
Inscription TransliterationSenbaku renkai
Inscription TranslationWave after wave of bombing
Inscription CommentWritten in pencil
Used for illustration in the photobook, (Dai Tōa sensō) Kaigun sakusen shashin kiroku (大東亜戦争: 海軍作戦写真記録 The Great East Asia War: Photographic Record of Naval Engagements), vol. 2, p. 117 (reg. no. 2011,3005.1). The Japanese title inscribed on the back of the photograph corresponds to the published caption in the book.
Not on display
2012 Jun – Oct, BM Japanese Galleries ‘Japan from Prehistory to Present’
- Associated with: Darwin
- (Oceania,Australia,Northern Territory (Australia),Darwin)
- Associated Event: Pacific War (1941-1945)
- Associated Event: Second World War (1939-1945)
- With contribution from: Myōjin Shigeru
- With contribution from: Sherif Nadar
- With contribution from: Myōjin Noriko
- With contribution from: Dounia Nadar
- Purchased from: Maggs Bros
- Previous owner/ex-collection: Nishino Yoshiaki (西野嘉章) (Purchased in a bookshop in the Kanda second-hand book district of Tokyo.)
Credit Line: Purchase funded by Noriko and Shigeru Myōjin and Dounia and Sherif Nadar
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: JCF22675
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.