Java hōmen hikiage sagyō (Withdrawal from Java)
- Java hōmen hikiage sagyō (Withdrawal from Java)
Propaganda photograph from the Pacific War (1941-45). Vintage gelatin print.
- Printed in: Tokyo-to
- Height: 20.8 centimetres
- Width: 16.2 centimetres
Inscription Contentジャバ方面引揚作業, FI-218, no. 10
Inscription TransliterationJava hōmen hikiage sagyō
Inscription TranslationWithdrawal from Java
Inscription CommentWritten in pencil. Reference number original to inscription.
2012 Oct - 2013 Apr, BM Japanese Galleries, 'Japan from Prehistory to the Present'
23 May 2012
Object mounted into a Royal overthrow of 4ply Heritage 100% Cotton Unbuffered Museum Board and hinged in using Japanese paper adhered with Culminal - non-ionic cellulose ether.
- Named in inscription: Java
- Associated Event: Pacific War (1941-1945)
- Associated Event: Second World War (1939-1945)
- With contribution from: Myōjin Shigeru
- With contribution from: Sherif Nadar
- With contribution from: Myōjin Noriko
- With contribution from: Dounia Nadar
- Purchased from: Maggs Bros
- Previous owner/ex-collection: Nishino Yoshiaki (西野嘉章) (Purchased in a bookshop in the Kanda second-hand book district of Tokyo.)
- Previous owner/ex-collection: Yamahata Photographic Science Institute Archive 山端写真研究所アーカイブ
Credit Line: Purchase funded by Noriko and Shigeru Myōjin and Dounia and Sherif Nadar
Object reference number: JCF22672