There may be information missing from this page.
Following the issue last week with object details, these records are almost back to normal. However some objects (1%) are still not showing all the data they should. We estimate the data will be fully restored next week.
Updated: 14 April 2015
Java hōmen hikiage sagyō (Withdrawal from Java)
- Java hōmen hikiage sagyō (Withdrawal from Java)
Propaganda photograph from the Pacific War (1941-45). Vintage gelatin print.
- Printed in: Tokyo-to
- Height: 20.8 centimetres
- Width: 16.2 centimetres
Inscription Contentジャバ方面引揚作業, FI-218, no. 10
Inscription TransliterationJava hōmen hikiage sagyō
Inscription TranslationWithdrawal from Java
Inscription CommentWritten in pencil. Reference number original to inscription.
2012 Oct - 2013 Apr, BM Japanese Galleries, 'Japan from Prehistory to the Present'
- Named in inscription: Java
- Associated Event: Pacific War (1941-1945)
- Associated Event: Second World War (1939-1945)
- With contribution from: Myōjin Shigeru
- With contribution from: Sherif Nadar
- With contribution from: Myōjin Noriko
- With contribution from: Dounia Nadar
- Purchased from: Maggs Bros
- Previous owner/ex-collection: Nishino Yoshiaki (西野嘉章) (Purchased in a bookshop in the Kanda second-hand book district of Tokyo.)
- Previous owner/ex-collection: Yamahata Photographic Science Institute Archive 山端写真研究所アーカイブ
Credit Line: Purchase funded by Noriko and Shigeru Myōjin and Dounia and Sherif Nadar
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Object reference number: JCF22672
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.