- Previous 0/821
- The Umbrello
Two fashionably-dressed young women standing under an umbrella held by the lady on the left, with trees behind to right.
Mezzotint with some etching
- 1780s (circa)
- Height: 341 millimetres (trimmed)
- Width: 250 millimetres
Inscription ContentLettered below the image with the title and verses in two columns 'Beneath the light Umbrello, happy Shade ... Grace, Elegance & Ease they each display'; further inscription trimmed away.
British Mezzotints Ring-binder Large
- With contribution from: British Museum Friends
- With contribution from: National Heritage Memorial Fund
- With contribution from: The Art Fund
- With contribution from: Friends of Prints and Drawings
- With contribution from: Mrs Charles Wrightsman
- With contribution from: Michael Marks Charitable Trust
- Purchased from: Hon Christopher Lennox-Boyd
Acquired with the assistance of the National Heritage Memorial Fund, the Friends of the British Museum, the Art Fund, Mrs Charles Wrightsman, the Michael Marks Charitable Trust, and numerous individual donors.
Prints & Drawings
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: PPA308258
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.