Lady Nightcap at Breakfast
- Lady Nightcap at Breakfast
A fashionably-dressed woman in a bonnet with a lace fringe that covers her eyes, taking breakfast at a round table set with a tray of tea things, a biscuit on a plate and a small book; a black page bringing a kettle on the left and a spaniel on a chair by the table. 1772
Hand-coloured mezzotint with some etching
- Published in: London
- (Europe,British Isles,England,London)
- Height: 352 millimetres
- Width: 253 millimetres
Inscription ContentLettered below the image with the title and 'Printed for Carington Bowles, Map & Printseller, No. 69 in St Pauls Church Yard, London. Publish'd as the Act directs, 27 Feb. 1772.'
British Mezzotints Ring-binder Large
2012 August BM, Room 90 Posture prints
16 August 2012
Object mounted into a Royal overthrow of 3ply Heritage Conservation Board and hinged in using Japanese paper adhered with Culminal - non-ionic cellulose ether.
- With contribution from: British Museum Friends
- With contribution from: National Heritage Memorial Fund
- With contribution from: The Art Fund
- With contribution from: Friends of Prints and Drawings
- With contribution from: Mrs Charles Wrightsman
- With contribution from: Michael Marks Charitable Trust
- Purchased from: Hon Christopher Lennox-Boyd
Acquired with the assistance of the National Heritage Memorial Fund, the Friends of the British Museum, the Art Fund, Mrs Charles Wrightsman, the Michael Marks Charitable Trust, and numerous individual donors.
Prints & Drawings
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Object reference number: PPA305799
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.