Soma no furu-dairi ni Masakado no himegimi Takiyasha
- Soma no furu-dairi ni Masakado no himegimi Takiyasha
Woodblock triptych print, oban tate-e. Mitsukuni defying the skeleton-spectre called up by the witch Takiyasha, daughter of Taira no Masakado, at the old imperial palace at Soma.
- Published in: Edo
- Height: 36.7 centimetres (r)
- Width: 24.8 centimetres (r)
- Height: 36.8 centimetres (c)
- Width: 24.7 centimetres (c)
- Height: 36.9 centimetres (l)
- Width: 24.7 centimetres (l)
See:- Robinson, 1982, no. 52, T138; Neuer & Yoshida, 1978, pp 344-347; Suzuki, 1992, no. 70
2010 Feb-Jun, BM Japanese Galleries, 'Japan from Prehistory to the Present'
2013 Apr – Jul, BM Japanese Galleries, 'Japan from Prehistory to the Present'
- Topographic representation of: Soma
Credit Line: Gift of Prof. Arthur R. Miller, CBE, to the American Friends of the British Museum
- 2008,AFBMLoan,2.48 (AFBM Loan Number)
- 20106 (Miller Collection number)
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Object reference number: JCF22242
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.