print / playing-card
One of two uncut fragmentary sheets (the other is 1896,0501.1386) containing four playing-cards, all repetitions of the knave of hearts and knave of diamonds.
- 1590 (c)
- Printed in: Frankfurt am Main
- (Europe,Germany,Hessen (state),Darmstadt (region),Frankfurt am Main)
- Height: 198 millimetres (sheet)
- Width: 127 millimetres (sheet)
- Height: 92 millimetres (individual card)
- Width: 54 millimetres (individual card)
Inscription ContentThe cards bear the names "Capitaine Felix" and "Siprich Romam" (?Scipio), and have the monogram HH in a shield.
These cards are of Flemish pattern.
Not on display (Playing-cards Schreiber Sheets Uncertain 1)
Prints & Drawings
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: PPA245126
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.