Kamera aato (Camera Art)
- Kamera aato (Camera Art)
Photography magazine, 18 issues, with gaps. Numerous photographic plates. Japanese text. Large 8vo. Original flexible boards, some ringbound.
- Photographed by: Fukuda Katsuji (福田勝治)
- Photographed by: Hamaya Hiroshi (濱谷浩)
- Photographed by: Horino Masao
- Photographed by: Katsuta Yasuo (勝田康雄) (also magazine founder)
- Photographed by: Kimura Ihei (木村伊兵衛)
- Photographed by: Kuwahara Kineo (桑原甲子雄)
- Photographed by: Nakayama Iwata
- Photographed by: Tamura Shigeru
- Photographed by: Ueda Shoji (植田正治)
- Published in: Tokyo-to
See item 57 in the catalogue. Katsuta Yasuo had been working for Photo Times and Camera before he founded his own publishing company. Camera Art was first issued in April 1935 and like many other magazines it was forced to merge with other publications in December 1940. The publication represents quite a wide variety of styles that were popular in the 1930 including 'Social Realism' and 'Zokei Shashin'. It stands out for the quality of the reproductions and includes work by Nakayama Iwata, Kuwahara Kineo, Tamura Shigeru, Kimura Ihei, Fukuda Katsuji, Hamaya Hiroshi, Horino Masao, Ueda Shoji etc. (Titus Boeder)
- PB.404 (Photobook number)
There is no image of this object, or there may be copyright restrictions
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Object reference number: JCF20513
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.