Photograph (black and white); portrait of a woman in front of a bush, with her hair tied back, wearing a cloth necklace, a shirt and a woven plant fibre skirt, and holding a piece of plant fibre; Polynesia.
- Photographed in: Polynesia
- Height: 15.1 centimetres (image)
- Width: 9.15 centimetres (image)
- Height: 23.3 centimetres (mount)
- Width: 18.9 centimetres (mount)
Inscription Positionback of mount
Inscription Commenthandwritten in pencil & black ink
Related images: Oc,B42 through Oc,B55 all contain Joseph Jackson Lister donation images.
The BM Pictorial Collection owns a glass negative of this image; See Oc,G.N.1556
Exact image: Oc,B130.61
Name in inscription: "Anna Finau's half sister" refers to the woman in this image, but does not state her actual name (from glass negative).
Foxing on mount.
- Associated with: Polynesia
Africa, Oceania & the Americas
- 2-34 (photographic series number)
- G.N.652 (Old BM glass negative number)
- Oc-G.N.-1556 (BM glass negative series number)
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: EPF101630
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.