Photograph (black and white); portrait of Sau wearing a long plant fibre necklace, a plant fibre skirt, plant fibres in her hair, and holding a Samoan plant fibre fan; Oceania.
Gelatin silver print
- Photographed in: Oceania
- Height: 15.3 centimetres (image)
- Width: 9.8 centimetres (image)
- Height: 23.3 centimetres (mount)
- Width: 18.9 centimetres (mount)
Inscription Positionback of mount
Inscription Commenthandwritten in pencil
Related images: Oc,B42 through Oc,B55 all contain Joseph Jackson Lister donation images.
The BM owns a glass negative of this image: Oc,G.N.1570 in the Pictorial Collection.
Exact image: Oc,B130.44
- Associated with: Samoa
Africa, Oceania & the Americas
- 2-42 (photographic series number)
- G.N.666 (Old BM glass negative series number)
- MM034280/10-11 (BM photographic copy print)
- Oc-G.N.-1570 (BM glass negative series number)
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: EPF101307
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.