- Previous 0/15986
Photograph (black and white); a wooden model of an outrigger canoe.
Gelatin silver print
- Photographed in: British Museum
- (Europe,British Isles,England,London,London Borough of Camden,Bloomsbury,British Museum)
- Height: 15.7 centimetres
- Width: 20.7 centimetres
Inscription ContentALBUM. 83
Louisiade Ils, New Guinea
Inscription Commenthandwritten in pencil
Inscription ContentBRITISH 1 MUSEUM 2
This outrigger wooden canoe was photographed in The British Museum and is in the museums collection: Oc1851,0103.11. The canoe was made in the Louisiade Archipelago.Related image: this image can also be seen in Oc,A69.85
- Associated with: Louisiade Archipelago
- (Oceania,Melanesia,New Guinea,Papua New Guinea,Milne Bay,Massim,Louisiade Archipelago)
Africa, Oceania & the Americas
- ALBUM 83 (photographic series number)
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Object reference number: EPF90324
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.