There may be information missing from this page.
Following the issue last week with object details, these records are almost back to normal. However some objects (1%) are still not showing all the data they should. We estimate the data will be fully restored next week.
Updated: 14 April 2015
Disappointed dandies or a vain attempt to get a peep at the fair circassian
- Disappointed dandies or a vain attempt to get a peep at the fair circassian
(For description see other impression). c. May 1819
- Height: 231 millimetres
- Width: 336 millimetres
Caricatures XII p.90
- Representation of: Charles Stanhope, 4th Earl of Harrington
- Representation of: George IV, King of the United Kingdom
- Associated with: Charlotte, Duchess of Richmond
- Associated with: Francis Charles Seymour Conway, 3rd Marquess of Hertford
- Associated with: Henry Somerset, 7th Duke of Beaufort
- Associated with: Isabella Anne Ingram Shepherd, 2nd Marchioness of Hertford
Prints & Drawings
There is no image of this object, or there may be copyright restrictions
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: PPA180295
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.