Shashin-shu - Mite kita Chugoku (Book of photographs - China as I Saw It)
- Shashin-shu - Mite kita Chugoku (Book of photographs - China as I Saw It)
Photobook. One volume. First edition.
- Made in: Tokyo-to
A beautifully designed book of photographs of China taken at a time of great change. Often change happens imperceptibly and it is only when one compares these images with work undertaken in the 1960s and '70s (c.f. Kimura Ihei's 'Chugoku no tabi'), that one realizes how far China had moved in the intervening years. Covering Canton, Shanghai, Xian, Lanzhou, Urumchi and Peking, Hamaya captures the virtually timeless hardships and energy of life in these cities. He got to Peking in time for the National Day celebrations and the last image shows a shadowy Mao shaking hands with Zhou Enlai. (Titus Boeder, 4/07)
- Topographic representation of: Xian
- (Asia,China,Shaanxi (province),Xi'an)
- Topographic representation of: Guangzhou
- (Asia,China,Guangdong (province),Guangzhou)
- Topographic representation of: Shanghai
- (Asia,China,Shanghai (municipality),Shanghai)
- Topographic representation of: Beijing
- (Asia,China,Beijing (municipality),Beijing (city))
- PB.45 (Photobook number)
There is no image of this object, or there may be copyright restrictions
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: JCF16164
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.