Beauty Unveiling Herself
- Previous 0/4031
- Beauty Unveiling Herself
Painting; portrait of a beautiful lady unveiling herself while dancing. The lady, gazing towards the ground, clutches her veil with both arms extended, revealing the lines and contours of the veil's fabric. A strand of beads hangs around her neck, while a sash is tied around both her waist and head. Void background. No inscription. Painted in gouache on paper.
- Made in: Isfahan
- (Asia,Iran,Central Iran,Isfahan (province))
- Width: 10 centimetres (Image within borders)
- Height: 18 centimetres (Image within borders)
- Width: 11.2 centimetres (Image including borders)
- Height: 21 centimetres (Image including borders)
- Width: 23.2 centimetres (Sheet)
- Height: 32 centimetres (Sheet)
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: RFM743
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.