saucer / cup
- Previous 0/4149
Cup and saucer; porcelain; maroon ground; dancing satyrs; gilding; maker's mark.
- Factory in: Capo di Monte
- (Europe,Italy,Campania,Naples (province),Naples (city),Capo di Monte)
- Height: 2.3 inches (cup)
- Diameter: 5.2 inches (saucer)
Inscription Typemaker's mark
Inscription CommentSurmounted by a coronet.
Not on display
- Associated with: Herculaneum (frescoes)
- (Europe,Italy,Campania,Naples (province),Herculaneum)
Formerly belonged to the family of the last director of the Capo di Monte factory.
Britain, Europe and Prehistory
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: email@example.com
Object reference number: MCN16672
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.