painting / miniature / album
Painting, originally a miniature from the Hadiqat al-Su'ada of Fuzuil.
Illustration depicts the Caliph ʿAli after being attacked by Ibn Muljam in the mosque at Kufa. Attendants and viewers gazez upon scene. Two lines of text appear above illustration and one below. Drawn in ink on paper.
- Made in: Baghdad
- (Asia,Iraq,South Iraq,Baghdad)
- Height: 23 centimetres (sheet)
- Width: 14.5 centimetres (sheet)
- Height: 16.2 centimetres (image)
- Width: 13.1 centimetres (image)
- Associated with: Kufa, mosque
- (Asia,Iraq,South Iraq,Kufa)
- Associated Title: Ḥadíqat al-Suʿadá of Fuzuli
If you’ve noticed a mistake or have any further information about this object, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Object reference number: RFM814
British Museum collection data is also available in the W3C open data standard, RDF, allowing it to join and relate to a growing body of linked data published by organisations around the world.
The Museum makes its collection database available to be used by scholars around the world. Donations will help support curatorial, documentation and digitisation projects.